Monday, March 5, 2012

Seeds have arrived!


I went a little crazy this year buying seeds, but I'm so happy!  Radishes and rutabagas and peas and potatoes (yes I'm going to try growing potatoes from seed).  I got six different types of melons and who knows how many squashes!  This is a bit of an experimental garden.  I'm not sure exactly when things should be grown as we have a unique (i.e. difficult) environment.  If you have any suggestions on when things should be planted, let me know!
I planted tomatoes, onions, spinach, lettuce, broccoli and beats in a seed tray so far.  I've tried planting carrots, radishes, spinach, lettuce, peas outside, but nothing has come up yet since it's too cold-even with plastic over the beds.  I think I need to build a full cold frame if I want to plant in February in the high desert.

No comments:

Post a Comment