Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sequoia's Progress I

I've been doing a lot of round pen work with Sequoia, our newest sort of rescue horse (sort of because she wasn't being abused, she just needed a good home).  She is well trained, but she was trained by a strong man and doesn't respond to a sissy girl like me.  She also doesn't have respect for a sissy girl like me so I'm having to teach her that even a sissy girl can command respect.  And she's really starting to get it.  Her biggest problem is wanting to turn and face me.  She was taught this by her last owner and it's a great thing, but it makes round penning quite a frustration!  She takes two steps and then turns towards you.  Arghh!  However, in one direction, she is now going forward really well.  As soon as she turns the other way though... sigh


No comments:

Post a Comment