Monday, April 2, 2012

Taking the Beth Terry Plastic Challenge

Plastic.  It is everywhere.  It fills the oceans and covers the desert.  Take a look at videos like this:


Plus, plastic has been shown to leach all sorts of chemicals that we end up drinking or eating.  And on top of all that, we make plastic out of oil and shouldn't we be conserving since there's only so much?

Point is that I have always tried to decrease the amount of plastic I use.  I ran across Beth Terry's website years ago and was inspired to make many changes to decrease my and my family's use of plastic.   It's extra tricky when you consider that there's also a farm to run.  It's SO hard to get plastic-free farm stuff, especially on a farmer's budget.  

Recently, I ran across Beth Terry's website again and she has a Plastic Challenge where she challenges us to decrease (and document) our use of plastic.  I thought this would be a fun thing to do so I'm going to blog about it.  Week 1 is just collecting all plastic trash to see how much is used in a normal week.  Sounds easy enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment