Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Frustration with horses

Rode Tarik again today and this time I just walked him.  And I was only on him for probably fifteen minutes.  It was long enough for my muscles to notice though.  Pathetic I know, but horse riding actually works a lot of muscles.  This is an illustration of the muscles used in riding, although I think it's more than that and I'm certainly feeling it right now.  Hence why I'm minimizing the time I spend riding until I build up some muscle.

I think a lot of people quit riding because it really is such a workout.  I also think that's why people get so mad and frustrated and plain pissed off at their horses.  You've never seen someone as angry as a horse owner.  I've seen horses kicked, punched, jabbed with a screw driver.  And I really think it's because people are so much more fatigued than they realize.  When you're become frustrated with your horse, try riding for less time.

Visit us at


2 comments:

  1. Tarik is a magnificent horse and I'm sure he will see you through this journey of healing and transformation. It's great you have set your goals and don't forget to be kind and patient with yourself. We can be our own worst critic. But do stay dedicated to your practice and keep us posted on how things are going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement! I'll post an update soon.

    ReplyDelete